Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Blah

It had to happen sooner or later. A stomach virus of some sort has reduced me to a pitiful state, which means I'm watching Eamonn Holmes' 50 Film Favourites on The Hits. It really doesn't get much worse than this.

There's not much point in eating at the moment, except that it passes the time in between lying on the couch and visiting the bathroom. I went to the doctor today and she gave me an detailed oral examination lasting all of four minutes. She asked me what was wrong and I told her I thought I had a virus. Without getting any closer than five feet away, she diagnosed me with a virus and told me to 'go with the flow'. I've been taking her advice as literally as I can, and it's been knocking the, er, stuffing out of me.

The last time I had a virus was three years ago, and the doc told me not to exercise hard for at least a month or I could drop dead. I'm going to err on the side of caution and take his advice rather than merely 'going with the flow'. So no riding at all for a week and no racing for another four. Time trialling can wait.

The weekend was good anyway, apart from the general lethargy. Friday, drinks with P+L + Polly and friends. Saturday, drinks and poppadoms with P+L + some Forbes', Ant, Lesley, Nick and Sally. It was the only night out of the last five that I've felt vaguely human.

Random conversation with Ant about the Virginia Tech shootings: Ant noted that the National Rifle Association said that if all the students had guns, then Cho wouldn't have shot so many people. A brilliant piece of forward thinking there by the NRA. What was required in that situation was an escalation of violence. It worked wonders for the construction industry in Iraq.

No comments: