Friday, June 25, 2004

The weather and Harry Potter

Meer slecht weer vandaag - regen en heel veel wind. Maar niet even slecht als gisteren. Ik werd bijna van mijn fiets geblazen! Sorry for the a) probably bad Dutch grammar and b) complaints about the weather. But I believe that it's justified. We've had 15 degrees or so, ridiculous strength winds, with the odd spot of rain now and again and again and again. And it's supposed to be midsummer! If that doesn't give you bad grammar, I don't know what does.

Being such a whinger (it's in my blood after all), I demand an enquiry into the European summer. I think I was spoiled rotten here last year. All of you folks in Australia putting up with 26 degrees and sun can stop your smirking right this instant!

Yeah I know it was over 30 degrees a few weeks ago, but that was only for coupla days. Jeez, even on Henk's Fietstocht I went out in a woollen jersey, arm and leg warmers, booties and I didn't even get too hot. They say it's gunna improve in the next few days and I hope it does or I'll demand by money back. All of it. Now.

Harry Potter 3: The revenge

Speaking of the weather, I did manage to see Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban along with all the other kiddies, who I must say were poorly behaved. Talking and giggling and whatnot. We were never like that when we were young. Shocking state of affairs. I think the world has gone to pot(ter).

But I seen it and it wasn't half bad. I even liked it better than the first two which were almost too much like the books. I haven't got the book handy but I hope they didn't leave the Yule Ball out. Maybe that's in book 4. Yeah it is, I just checked on www.harrypotterfanclub.com. This is rather funny:

Fred Weasley has to find a partner for the ball, which he does by yelling across the common room "Oi, Angelina!"

"What," she called back.

"Want to come to the ball with me?"

Angelina gave Fred an appraising sort of look. "All right, then."

Anyway... Dumbledore is played by Michael Gambon this time, as the other dude (Richard Harris) snuffed it a coupla years ago. But he was good too. Gambon I mean. David Thewlis (who played opposite Gambon in the Singing Detective) plays Professor Lupin, who has a spot of bother with a bit of the old lycanthropy from time to time. Sirius Black is played by Gary Oldman from Bram Stoker's Dracula and other flicks.

All the others are pretty much the same as the first two movies and they were ok too. Look for Dawn French as the Portrait of the Fat Lady. Thought the kids should have been in school clothes instead of normal clothes. Their parents were obviously slacking that morning.

This movie review is rapidly deteriorating into garbage and dribble (no beer this time either). I think the reason for this is because I've been using my newfound cable TV (see post below) to watch MTV/Jim/TMF or Portugal win the penalty shootout against England in some footy match. The English fans and David Beckham didn't look particularly plussed by the proceedings.

I did see RAMMSTEIN on MTV so that prolly explains most of the words above.

Let's see if I can get to sleep before 4:00am this evening. I think I will succeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: