Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Quo?

As promised, some pics of Christmas and Nina's birthday party thrown in for good measure. The latter was during my weekend frenzy of BBQs, which was mixed in between a fair bit of work. It was a tough weekend.

Saturday: work, rode up to Wyong for Nina's birthday, a fun time was had by all, including Nina. Ant, dad, Pete, Nina, Astrid all had gos on my bike. Well, Nina and Astrid's dolls did. The swing collapsed, much to Lucy's chagrin. We had nice cake and whatnot. End with more work.

Sunday: Work, short ride, Dave's BBQ at chateau Langles in Marsfield. Nearly met the vendors of our flat, but they left before I was introduced. Maybe a good thing. I had to cut the BBQ short so I could get to a BBQ at our place. Cousin Jus, Nick and Zoe (I have many cousins) came over, along with Uncle Jeff, Michael (also a cousin) and Mary, plus us five. We had two huge Atlantic salmon, courtesy of Cousin Dave (bro of Cousin Jus and son of Uncle Jeff), as he works on a fish farm in Tassie. We cooked the salmon on our brand spankin' new BBQ and it was good.

Two BBQs in one day. I was hammered. More work.

On Monday we settled on our flat at last, so we officially own the thing. Well, the bank does. Woo hoo! We celebrated with a coffee at the local cafe in Wilson St, which I've been meaning to check out ever since I saw it. Then took a stroll around the block up King St to check out the amenities: Thai, Vietnamese, African, Italian, Chinese, Lebanese restaurants + various cafes all within half a km. Also cinema, hardware shop, church, bakery, funeral parlour, clothes, newsagent, train station, 7-11, and more cafes. This place has got everything, trust me.

Was gunna race on Tuesday but we had a meeting, so I couldn't :-( Next week is TDU so I may race Saturday, but otherwise maybe when I return from Adelaide. The Giant is faring well. Broke a few climbing records on it.

I can also relate to the "Cartman Joins NAMBLA" South Park episode, after I joined a site called Where Are You Now? recently. It's a "global community" site with about 3 million members, and it's a good way to meet different people if you're travelling around. So I put up my profile and I keep getting all these instant messages when I log on (unlike Cartman, fortunately not from older men). Not even spam, which I'm quite surprised at. It's pretty funny, given the amount of time that I can't spend chatting online. But it could be handy.

I'll be back in Belg on the 21st of Feb or thereabouts.

And now for the photos:

Ant, Piers and Alec discuss matters of import at Xmas
© Jeff Jones


Lucy gets crankin' on the presents
© Jeff Jones


The Christmas table...
© Jeff Jones


Cousin Nina at Christmas
© Jeff Jones


Getting stuck into it
© Jeff Jones


Failing to light the brandy
© Jeff Jones


The table at Nina's birthday in Wyong
© Jeff Jones


Cousin Nina gets ready to blow out three candles
© Jeff Jones


Cousin Nina at her birthday
© Jeff Jones


Cousin Ant on my Giant
© Jeff Jones


Cousin Nina and Cousin-in-law Nik check out my Giant
© Jeff Jones


Lucy and Pete gambol on the swing, watched by Astrid (no cousin of mine)
© Jeff Jones


The obligatory Wyong group shot on the step
© Jeff Jones

No comments: