Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Tour is go

Been hectic. Getting a door put on my shower too. I didn't ask for it, they just came and did it. Oh well, can't be helped.

So we're back at Le Tour and Paris hasn't got the Olympics. Vive le Londres. It was obviously my presence there two weeks ago that tipped the balance towards the Brits. Oh well, can't be helped.

Le Tour is a lot of work and you never have an "easy" day, even in the boring flat stages in the first week. The TTT was a corker, and I'm glad everyone followed the Hollywood script. You can tell that Americans are running the show now. Unfortunately, Lance blew it in the first stage by passing Ullrich. Oops. That eliminated any suspense for the GC on Day 1. So now the only way Lance can lose is if he crashes out or something, but then whoever wins will have to admit that it's only because the number one rider wasn't there. The Giro was much more interesting.

As for me, I've been sick since last Thursday with sinusitis, but did manage to get out for 100 km yesterday. Raining now, so I might pass again.

No comments: