Friday, February 06, 2009

Footsteps in the snow

This week it's turned a bit wintry with snow an' that. Typically, the UK ran out of grit/salt on the first day so the entire country shut down. Not me though! I even managed to do a training session in the Quay House basement.

Note: there is nothing new here that isn't on Facebook already. Please move along.

It may look calm from the safety of Cleveland Bridge, but plunging into the icy waters of the Avon means certain DEATH. Fortunately I stopped myself from taking my regular early morning swim just in time.
© Jeff Jones

As the end of the world is obviously nigh, I've taken precautions and booked my spot to beat the rush. Quick!
© Jeff Jones

Pulteney Bridge and the weir. If you look (very) closely on top of Lansdown hill you can see that Bath is an avalanche waiting to happen. If we don't get buried alive by snow, we'll surely drown in the Avon.

© Jeff Jones

It's that cold you can almost skate on the Avon. Or likely just drown.
© Jeff Jones

This once used to be a beautiful park with no riff-raff. Now look at it. Ruined by the snow.
© Jeff Jones

My only escape route from the cold involves plunging into yonder Roman baths. But I doubt I will survive the drop.
© Jeff Jones

It's getting worse. I'm not going to make it now.
© Jeff Jones

Where's me shovel?
© Jeff Jones

The park up the road. You have to tiptoe in order to avoid an avalanche
© Jeff Jones

Downtown Bath. Quiet innit.
© Jeff Jones

Let me in, I want a swim!
© Jeff Jones

Lack of wide angle lens and a suitable place to stand led to this photo

© Jeff Jones

I just threw this in for effect

© Jeff Jones

Tree: "Where is everyone? If I fall, there will be no-one to hear me"
© Jeff Jones

No comments: